HPPA ELF DT_PLTGOT handling

Wed Jul 7 20:49:00 GMT 2004

> A much more convenient (from the POV of the dynamic linker) is to always set
> DT_PLTGOT to a pointer to the GOT. glibc goes searching for the GOT which it
> would no longer need to do. Is this worth considering?

No.  It would change the ABI and break existing code.

I agree that trying to choose a value for elf_gp that is best for accessing
this data is pretty much a waste of time since we don't try to eliminate
unnecessary addil instructions, or sort the data to improve access.  This
is something that the HP linker does.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)