A little help....

Dave Korn dk@artimi.com
Wed Jan 28 19:10:00 GMT 2004

  Erm.... I may be being stupid, but when I've configured like this:

$ ../../dlxtools/binutils/configure  --target=dlx-elf
--prefix=/artimi-src/gcc-build/install -v

  And I then type:

$ CFLAGS='-g -O0' make all

  Why do my binutils get built with "-g -O2"?  I thought using CFLAGS to set
this stuff was standard, but actually when it comes to it I suppose I have
only tried it with gcc before; does binutils have a different standard?

  FWIW, I'm using a binutils snapshot binutils-20030307-1-src.tar.bz2, which
is one of the minor-variants released by the cygwin project.  It'll have a
few cygwin-specific fixes in it but there's no way for one second I'd
imagine that they'd want to disable the option to specify build flags, so I
don't think that's what I'm doing wrong..... which leaves me stumped.

    cheers,
      DaveK