Macro name and comment fixes for gas/tc-mips.c

Richard Sandiford rsandifo@redhat.com
Wed Jan 7 23:00:00 GMT 2004

Ian Lance Taylor <ian@wasabisystems.com> writes:
> I spent some time being confused by the macro ISA_HAS_COPROC_DELAYS
> because I thought it meant something like ``this ISA requires delays
> for co-processor instructions.''  In fact, as the comment explains, it
> means something rather different, namely that the ISA requires delays
> in a variety of different situations.
>
> I propose that we rename the macro to ISA_HAS_NONBRANCH_DELAYS to
> avoid such confusion.  This patch does that rename, and also fixes the
> comment for this macro and for the gpr_interlocks macro.

ISA_HAS_NONBRANCH_DELAYS seems a bit too general.  I'd have
expected !ISA_HAS_NONBRANCH_DELAYS to imply the ISA needs no
non-branch delays, but that isn't necessarily true.  You still
might need hi/lo-related nops.

Richard