[Fwd: Re: Time for a HP/PA hackathon?]

Andrew Cagney cagney@gnu.org
Sat Feb 14 04:15:00 GMT 2004


First fallout from 64-bit off_t, it appears that HP/UX 11.xx build needs 
--D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE.  Any suggestions on how to "correctly" do this?

Andrew

> I suspect that it's something like "ftello64" getting picked up by
> the autoconf test which is looking in the library, but no prototype
> is actually in scope, so the return value defaults to "int" and
> some bits are getting lost.
> 
> Aha, look at this!
> 
>   gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/house/chastain/gdb/s1/bfd -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -DHOST_HPPAHPUX -DHPUX_CORE -I. -I/house/chastain/gdb/s1/bfd -I/house/chastain/gdb/s1/bfd/../include -I/house/chastain/gdb/s1/bfd/../intl -I../intl -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -g -O2 -c /house/chastain/gdb/s1/bfd/bfdio.c -o bfdio.o
>   /house/chastain/gdb/s1/bfd/bfdio.c: In function `real_ftell':
>   /house/chastain/gdb/s1/bfd/bfdio.c:45: warning: implicit declaration of function `ftello64'
>   /house/chastain/gdb/s1/bfd/bfdio.c: In function `real_fseek':
>   /house/chastain/gdb/s1/bfd/bfdio.c:57: warning: implicit declaration of function `fseeko64'
> 
> Michael C 


-------------- next part --------------
An embedded message was scrubbed...
From: mec.gnu@mindspring.com (Michael Elizabeth Chastain)
Subject: Re: Time for a HP/PA hackathon?
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:14:27 -0500 (EST)
Size: 2185
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20040214/3a813b2d/attachment.eml>


More information about the Binutils mailing list