Patch: IA64 gas patch to ignore unused symbols

Jim Wilson wilson@specifixinc.com
Tue Feb 10 21:45:00 GMT 2004


On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 11:21, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> 	* gas/config/tc-ia64.h (ia64_frob_symbol): New routine.
> 	(tc_frob_symbol): New macro definition.
> 	* gas/config/tc-ia64.c (ia64_frob_symbol): New routine.

I see now that the code was copied from tc-hppa.h, so the logic is
probably right.  I missed that first time I looked at the patch.

I think the ia64_frob_symbol function definition and its comment should
be surrounded by TE_HPUX ifdefs so it is only defined when it is used. 
I believe this is the usual procedure, see for example similar examples
in the tc-hppa.c file.

Also, I think you should have a prototype for the new function, also
inside TE_HPUX ifdefs.  Probably right next to the tc_frob_symbol macro
is the most convenient place to put it.

The patch is OK with these changes.  I don't recall if you have cvs
privileges.  Do I have to check this in?  I can make the remaining
changes if necessary.
-- 
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com



More information about the Binutils mailing list