DejaGnu 1.4.4 release

Gerald Pfeifer gp@suse.de
Thu Feb 5 20:50:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, 6 Feb 2004, Ben Elliston wrote:
>> - should src/dejagnu/ be replaced?
> IMHO, yes.  The 1.4.4 release is very close to the version in
> src/dejagnu.  I've since merged a handful of patches from src -> FSF
> that were missed and I've a patch that can be applied after a 1.4.4
> import that will ensure that nothing will be lost from src/dejagnu.

Thanks!

>> - should src/dejagnu/ be removed?
> What would the alternative be?  To just expect (ha!) developers to
> have DejaGnu installed on their systems?

Yes.  If not right away, than in the mid term: we require casual
testers of CVS GCC to have bison and developers to have autoconf
etc.; and if upstream DejaGnu "just works", let's use that.

Most distributions will provide DejaGnu as a package anyway.

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer <gp@suse.de>    Technical Project Manager, SUSE Linux AG