Prob with WINDRES....The Resource Compiler...

Turbanov Vladislav Dmitrievich boxforsr@inbox.ru
Tue Aug 31 17:06:00 GMT 2004

> >  However U have to remove the check for 2nd string parameter after
> >  [B,H,I]EDIT it shouldn't be there , officially ... defined by MS
> >  SDK ... no 2nd string parameter...fix it! >;-)
>
> No.  We are volunteers, you can be too.  Windres has a testsuite for
> exactly this purpose.

Excuse me please ... but I really have no time for even googling the
testsuite. .. please mr. Can U give me the links I need to try to fix the
problem....
    If u didn't understand me... the problem is that this resource file
compiled with rc can't be compiled with windres...
Here U go ....

MY_DIALOG DIALOGEX 0, 0, 100, 100, CAPTION "My Dialog"
  {
      [B,H,I]EDIT MY_EDIT, 10, 10, 20,20
  }

It sais that it needs 2nd string parameter and it is wrong ....

But that's not end ... seems that [B,H,I]EDIT is not supported at all
....but it is mentioned once in MS SDK as it can be used like EDITTEXT ...
that's very strange since it is defined both there and by windres...

THX