--export-dynamic question

Andreas Schwab schwab@suse.de
Tue Aug 31 12:09:00 GMT 2004

Toon Knapen <toon.knapen@fft.be> writes:

> Now however I link a.out using following command-line:
>
> ld --export-dynamic main.o libfoo.a
>
> And the funtion foo does not appear either (although I would expect the
> export-dynamic flag to prevent the dead-code elimination) ?

--export-dynamic does not change in any way how the linker collects input
files.  Since libfoo.a(foo.o) is not linked in you also don't get any
symbols defined in that file.  If you want to force linking in the whole
archive library use --whole-archive.

Andreas.

SuSE Linux AG, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany