Linker support for -freorder-functions?

Mike Stump mrs@apple.com
Thu Aug 5 22:02:00 GMT 2004

On Aug 5, 2004, at 1:58 PM, H. J. Lu wrote:
> But it is useless without linker support. Should linker group
> text.hot/text.unlikely like
>
> *(.text.hot)
> *(.text .stub${RELOCATING+ .text.* .gnu.linkonce.t.*})
> KEEP (*(.text.*personality*))
> *(.text.unlikely)

Seems almost reasonable from my humble perspective...  though, hot
would be all together in the .text.* area...  so, listing it first
isn't strictly necessary....  and, likewise, unlikely would tend to
group together as well, so strictly speaking, listing it last should
not be necessary...

The change might be wrong from a {non-,}RELOCATING perspective, a
script wizz should be able to offer advice...

> Also, should section names be .text.hot/.text.unlikely instead of
> text.hot/text.unlikely?

Again, seems reasonable...