[RFD] New binutil 'objsplit'

Dave Korn dk@artimi.com
Wed Apr 21 18:45:00 GMT 2004

  Yep, I'm largely in agreement with you that extending the proper linker
would be the best fix for garbage collecting.  But, as you say, I've already
done it.  So perhaps the question should be:

  Can anyone think of any *other* reason why someone might want to separate
out sections into separate files ?

  If there's another use for it that anyone can realistically envisage, that
would make the issue a lot clearer.

    cheers,
      DaveK