m68k (elf) gas dwarf problem
Joel Sherrill
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com
Tue Apr 20 13:17:00 GMT 2004
Alan Modra wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 05:08:59PM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>>It compiles now but I would like to understand the case above.
>
>
> I confess I saw the error message, looked at your testcase, and
> completely missed the fact that you were emitting to .data. However,
> it seems like gas -gdwarf2 emits line information for .data, and the
> same address scaling applies for the whole compilation unit. So the
> gas error message is misleading.
OK. This makes sense. The message didn't help at all though since
it always pointed to the last line of the file and says text section
even when it could only be a data problem.
Is this worthy of filing a PR on?
--jole
More information about the Binutils
mailing list