m68k (elf) gas dwarf problem

Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com> joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com
Fri Apr 16 18:02:00 GMT 2004


Hi,

Ralf and I have been trying to track down a problem which I have
tracked down enough to now beg for help.  It might be a bug in
gas or in the source file but is at least not well reported
by gas since it only reports the last number in the file. :(

Attached is s1.s which is the complete preprocessed output of the
startup code for a MC68340 based board.  s2.s is a cutdown to
4 lines which seems to be giving the same error.

I am using binutils 2.14 but I am pretty sure Ralf is using a 2.15-ish
binutils and getting the same problem.  Anyone with an m68k/enf
target should be able to duplicate this with the attached files.

$ m68k-rtems4.7-as -mcpu32 s1.s
$ m68k-rtems4.7-as --gdwarf2 -mcpu32 s1.s
s1.s: Assembler messages:
s1.s:926: Error: unaligned opcodes detected in executable segment

So adding the --gdwarf2 results in the unaligned error.

Is this a bug or is something wrong with the assembly code?

Thanks.

-- 
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research & Development
joel@OARcorp.com                 On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS  Huntsville AL 35805
    Support Available             (256) 722-9985

-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: s1.s
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20040416/7a419d3b/attachment.ksh>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: s2.s
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20040416/7a419d3b/attachment-0001.ksh>


More information about the Binutils mailing list