Rename -mfix-vr4122-bugs to -mfix-vr4120.

Thiemo Seufer ica2_ts@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Apr 13 22:35:00 GMT 2004


Richard Sandiford wrote:
> I'd like to change the name of -mfix-vr4122-bugs to -mfix-vr4120.  Reasons:
> 
>   (1) Some of the workarounds selected by -mfix-vr4122-bugs also apply to the
>       VR4181 (which, like the VR4122, uses a VR4120 core).
> 
>   (2) VR4120 code is selected by -march=vr4120, not -march=vr4122.
> 
>   (3) It's more consistent with the options recently added to GCC,
>       e.g. -mfix-sb1, -mfix-r4000.
> 
>   (4) There are some errata that (AIUI) only apply to the version of the
>       VR4120 that's used in the VR4181.  "Some time soon", I'll be submitting
>       a patch to cover these errata too.
> 
> I think the only obvious argument against is backwards compability.
> However, as the documentation says, the option is only really intended
> for use with the equivalen gcc option, and since that option was only
> recently added to FSF HEAD, there shouldn't really be much problem.
> 
> Tested on mips{,64}{,el}-elf, etc.  OK to install?

Ok.


Thiemo



More information about the Binutils mailing list