Binutils 2.15

Ian Lance Taylor ian@wasabisystems.com
Thu Apr 8 17:27:00 GMT 2004


Eric Christopher <echristo@redhat.com> writes:

> On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 10:18, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> > Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:
> > 
> > > On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 11:12:11PM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> > > > mips-ecoff:	FAIL: ar symbol table
> > > 
> > > [~300 more] Eric, should we fix mips-ecoff or destroy it?
> > 
> > I don't think that destroying it would be a very good option.  It's
> > still needed for free operating systems that run on DECstations.
> 
> i thought netbsd could use objcopy?

I'm not sure what you mean.  Yes, NetBSD can and does use objcopy.
But if we remove mips-ecoff support, objcopy will no longer be very
helpful when dealing with MIPS ECOFF files.

I probably misunderstand what you are saying.

Ian



More information about the Binutils mailing list