Binutils 2.15

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Thu Apr 8 17:22:00 GMT 2004


On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 01:18:26PM -0400, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:
> 
> > On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 11:12:11PM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> > > mips-ecoff:	FAIL: ar symbol table
> > 
> > [~300 more] Eric, should we fix mips-ecoff or destroy it?
> 
> I don't think that destroying it would be a very good option.  It's
> still needed for free operating systems that run on DECstations.

Can you give an example?  The only use I know was Linux (and BSD?)
kernel images for the boot firmware, and I don't think that the
mips-ecoff target is used for that any more.  I could be mistaken.

Aha, Linux uses OUTPUT_FORMAT("ecoff-littlemips").  So we can't remove
the ecoff support, but might be able to remove the mips-ecoff target
itself.

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz
MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer



More information about the Binutils mailing list