extracting relocation info from COFF from "section contents" base d on partial_inplace

Liang, James jliang@sandia.gov
Thu Apr 8 16:12:00 GMT 2004


Hi,

I'm writing a port of objcopy that takes COFF as input.  The problem is that
I can't seem to get all of the relocation
information I need.  Specifically, I'm missing some info from some imported
symbols.  The Howto section does not give me
enough information to relocate, but does give me 'true" flags for pcrel and
partial_inplace.

>From the info section of BFD, I get that these flags mean they're stored in
the "section contents", but I have no idea how to extract them.
How do I get these values?

I thought that the information might be stored in the link_order section,
but the documentation also says that the link_order section is populated
by the linker.  Isn't there some way that I can get this relocation
information from the BDF data structures when reading an object file?

How do I populate the link_order data-structures or whatever it is I need to
get the rest of the relocation information?


James



More information about the Binutils mailing list