C programs introspection using binutils/gdb

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Mon Apr 5 15:28:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 11:07:52AM +0200, Alexandre Courbot wrote:
> Clearly, gdb sounds like the way to go. Its scripting capabilities are
> sufficient and I am already able to monitor some nice things with it.
> The only complain I'd have with it is that its batch mode doesn't
> prevent it from printing its own messages - obviously the batch mode
> wasn't designed with the idea that the output of gdb scripts could be
> used as gnuplot input data, for instance.
>
> I think I'll discuss this with the gdb guys.

You may want to look at a post from Kip Macy, about two months ago, to
gdb@.  He added a Perl interpreter to GDB.  I'm poking at adding Guile
in my spare time, but I haven't got it working quite yet (somewhat
hindered by not remembering much Scheme...)

--
Daniel Jacobowitz