pic patch for arm-elf

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@mvista.com
Tue Oct 28 22:17:00 GMT 2003


On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 11:52:48PM +0000, Phil Blundell wrote:
> This patch implements GC for GOT and PLT relocs in the elf32-arm
> backend.  One effect of this is to avoid a spurious R_ARM_NONE reloc
> which was blighting glibc by causing libc.so to be marked as
> DT_TEXTREL.  
> 
> It also replaces the code sequence used for PLT thunks with a more
> efficient version, which can make a significant difference on some
> processors.
> 
> May I check this in?
> 
> Thanks
> 
> p.
> 

FYI, I've been using this patch as a base for some work on interworking
shared libraries, and I haven't had any problems with it.  And it makes
things much easier :)

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz
MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer



More information about the Binutils mailing list