autoconf 2.57+ migration
Sylvain BERTRAND
xod@ifrance.com
Tue Oct 21 18:28:00 GMT 2003
Then autoconf 2.57+ is successful at generating all configure scripts
for binutils?
I did a quick brain dead scan on configure.in scripts from a today CVS
snapshot in order to check if the new build, host and target behavior
has some chance to work:
---------------------------------------
./bfd/configure.in:176:if test "${target}" = "${host}"; then
./gas/configure.in:986:if test "${host}" = "${target}"; then
./configure.in:195:if test x"${host}" = x"${target}" ; then
./configure.in:237:# Remove these if host!=target.
./configure.in:241:# Remove these if host=target.
./configure.in:1906: # Here host == target, so we don't need to
build gcc,
./configure.in:1945:elif test "$host" = "$target"; then
./configure.in:1956:elif test "$host" = "$target"; then
./configure.in:1979:elif test "$host" = "$target"; then
---------------------------------------
and
---------------------------------------
./configure.in:176:# Only make build modules if build != host.
./configure.in:178:if test ${host_alias} != ${build_alias} ; then
./configure.in:1270:if test -z "${CC}" && test "${build}" = "${host}" ; then
./configure.in:1348:if test "${build}" != "${host}" ; then
./configure.in:1885: if test "${build}" != "${host}"; then
./configure.in:1906: # Here host == target, so we don't need to
build gcc,
./configure.in:1930:if test "${build}" = "${host}" && test -d
${srcdir}/gcc; then
./configure.in:2092:if test "x${build}" = "x${host}" ; then
---------------------------------------
If I understood well the autoconf documentation, a package should toggle
to cross compilation mode if there is a --host option and *not* if
host!=build, or in the equivalent case should assume native compilation
if no --host option was provided and *not* build=host.
The case of building cross tools is exactly the same.
As an example, I should be able to cross compile from
build=i686-pc-linux-gnu to host=i686-pc-linux-gnu by only providing the
--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu option. In a similar fashion, I should be able
to toggle the build of cross tools from host=i686-pc-linux-gnu to
target=i686-pc-linux-gnu by only providing the
--target=i686-pc-linux-gnu option. And again, we can extend the case for
canadian build.
Am I wrong? Do I miss something? If not, we need some clean-up in
configure.in scripts and maybe elsewhere because I'm not aware of the
binutils internals so I could miss related things.
Sylvain
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 04:11:11PM +0200, Sylvain BERTRAND wrote:
>
>>Ok.
>>Libiberty was tested against autoconf 2.57+ already then.
>>What are the packages already tested and not working?
>>What are the ones not tested?
>
>
> I recommend the list archives. No, really - everything that has
> happened has been posted.
>
>
>>Sylvain
>>
>>Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>>
>>>On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 11:19:21PM +0200, Sylvain BERTRAND wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Hi,
>>>>Who does lead the autoconf 2.57+ migration of the binutils packages?
>>>>Is there a specific CVS branch for that migration?
>>>
>>>
>>>No, no branch.
>>>
>>>It's waiting for the next release of autoconf, expected this week.
>>>Three bugs affecting libiberty were fixed in the autoconf CVS. After
>>>that it should go more quickly.
>>>
>>
>>_____________________________________________________________________
>>Envie de discuter en "live" avec vos amis ? T?l?charger MSN Messenger
>>http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/m la 1?re messagerie instantan?e de France
>>
>>
>
>
_____________________________________________________________________
Envie de discuter en "live" avec vos amis ? Télécharger MSN Messenger
http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/m la 1ère messagerie instantanée de France
More information about the Binutils
mailing list