MCF528x (MCFv4) support for ieee files

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Oct 21 13:33:00 GMT 2003

Hi Thorsten,

> Very well then. However, I'm not yet really trusting the magic I did there.
> ;) I need to integrate the tool in our company's make process and I'd really
> be grateful for any comments before I dare to do that.
> Was that all what was missing or is there more to this issue? Comments very
> welcome.

Actually this patch was fine and I have checked it in.  Even better it
reminded me that I had dropped the ball with Bernado's original patch
submission, so I have checked that in as well - with one exception.
Bernado's patch submission included an m68k gas testsuite entry
(mcf-mov3q) but the actual files for this test were omitted, so I have
left the patch to gas/testsuite/gas/m68k/all.exp out.

bfd/ChangeLog
2003-10-21  Thorsten Brehm  <brehm@gmx.net>

	* archures.c (bfd_default_scan): Add support for mcf528x.
	* ieee.c (ieee_write_processor): Likewise.

2003-10-21  Peter Barada  <pbarada@mail.wm.sps.mot.com>
            Bernardo Innocenti  <bernie@develer.com>

	* archures.c: Add MCF528x (MCFv4) support.
	* bfd/cpu-m68k.c (arch_info_struct): Likewise.
	* bfd-in2.h: Regenerate.

gas/ChangeLog
2003-10-21  Peter Barada  <pbarada@mail.wm.sps.mot.com>
            Bernardo Innocenti  <bernie@develer.com>

	* config/tc-m68k.c: Add MCF528x (MCFv4) support.
	* config/m68k-parse.h: Likewise.
	* NEWS: Mention the new support.
	* doc/c-m68k.texi: Document new processor selection switch.

include/opcodes/ChangeLog
2003-10-21  Peter Barada  <pbarada@mail.wm.sps.mot.com>
            Bernardo Innocenti  <bernie@develer.com>

	* m68k.h: Add MCFv4/MCF5528x support.

opcodes/ChangeLog
2003-10-21  Peter Barada  <pbarada@mail.wm.sps.mot.com>
            Bernardo Innocenti  <bernie@develer.com>

	* m68k-dis.c: Add MCFv4/MCF5528x support.
	* m68k-opc.c: Likewise.