possible gas bug
Segher Boessenkool
segher@kernel.crashing.org
Tue Oct 21 13:25:00 GMT 2003
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 03:25:42PM +0200, Denis J Barrow wrote:
> > I am trying to make 2 versions of a symbol point to a routine however gas
> > complains about this
> > with a error multiple versions error IMHO this is not a bug in my code.
> >
> > Ultimately I am trying to version __setjmp & setjmp which point to the same
> > code in glibc
> >
> > To reproduce a simple version of the problem use the code enclosed & type
> > mk.
>
> I believe this is expected. Look at the way more of glibc does it:
>
> function __setjmp
> strong alias of setjmp to __setjmp
> version of __setjmp
> version of setjmp
Yes. Bfd will not allow more than one `version' point to the same
symbol. it wouldn't be too hard to change this. Do we want this
functionality? I think we do, and the changes wouldn't be that big.
Segher
More information about the Binutils
mailing list