MCF528x (MCFv4) support for ieee files
Ian Lance Taylor
ian@wasabisystems.com
Mon Oct 20 15:58:00 GMT 2003
"Thorsten Brehm" <brehm@gmx.net> writes:
> However, I was still unable to convert the ieee output file to any other
> format. I got a "File format not recognized" error every time I tried to read
> the ieee file. I tracked the problem and found that the only problem appears to
> be the missing recognition of the "5282" processor type. I tried two minor
> modifications (see patch below) - and was lucky. I can now convert ieee files
> for the mcf5282 to coff
> format - and successfully use them in GDB. So far, the patch only works for
> the mcf5282 - one could easily extend it for the other processors of the 528x
> family.
>
> Very well then. However, I'm not yet really trusting the magic I did there.
> ;) I need to integrate the tool in our company's make process and I'd really
> be grateful for any comments before I dare to do that.
> Was that all what was missing or is there more to this issue? Comments very
> welcome.
That was probably a reasonable thing to do. Another approach would be
to modify ieee_object_p() in bfd/ieee.c to recognize whatever you find
in your IEEE files.
Ian
More information about the Binutils
mailing list