[committed] Fix ld segfault on hppa-unknown-linux-gnu

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Sat Oct 18 01:43:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 12:46:01PM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
> This fixes a segfaulted encounter linking libjava on hppa-unknown-linux-gnu.
> 	* elf32-hppa.c (elf32_hppa_relocate_section): Skip relocation if
> 	output section has been discarded.

This leaves R_PARISC_NONE relocs in the output, doesn't it?  Appropriate
tweaking in allocate_dynrelocs should cure that.

Hmm, what really needs to be done is for the dyn rel code in
check_relocs, allocate_dynrelocs and relocate_section to be updated to
use SYMBOL_CALLS_LOCAL and/or SYMBOL_REFS_LOCAL.  Maybe I ought to do
that..  Trouble is, it's not so easy for me to test hppa stuff these
days.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre