objdump --debugging: problems with interpretation of dump

Roul Oldenburger oldenburger.roul@rheinmetall-de.com
Fri Oct 17 08:42:00 GMT 2003

Hi Ian,

thanks for your answer!

We are compiling Ada sources and use the following combination of tools:

Linux:
gcc-2.95.3-124
gnat-3.13p-27
binutils-2.11.90.0.29-14

$ as --version
GNU assembler 2.11.90.0.29

gnatgcc --version
2.8.1

The debugging information are mainly stabs. The compile options are -g
-ggdb -gstabs+

And file says
ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically
linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

Roul