PATCH: Update libiberty/testsuite/demangle-expected

DJ Delorie dj@redhat.com
Fri Oct 17 04:17:00 GMT 2003

> I assumed the output of demanglers in libiberty and libstdc++ should
> be the identical on the same C++ symbol. I copied that particular test
> from libstdc++. Since the orginal test was changed, I thought I should
> keep it in sync. I guess my assumption is wrong. What is the policy on
> the outputs from demanglers between libiberty and libstdc++ on the same
> C++ symbols?

My reply had nothing to do with the demangler policy, and everything
to do with patch committal policy.  You requested approval for a
patch, and committed it without waiting for approval.  Such sloppy
adherence to procedures is especially bad in libiberty, which services
many projects.

As for the patch itself, I answered that already - there are no
obvious changes to testsuites.  Each and every change to existing test
cases must be discussed, because they could potentially harm backwards
compatibility.