PATCH: Re: EH frame optimization bug

H. J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Wed Oct 15 14:56:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 02:18:43PM +0100, James Troup wrote:
> "H.J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:
>
> > 2003-10-03  H.J. Lu  <hongjiu.lu@intel.com>
> >
> > 	* elf-eh-frame.c (_bfd_elf_write_section_eh_frame): Pad the
> >	last CIE/FDE if needed.
>
> This patch has regressed binutils on Linux/alpha.  After applying the
> patch the following (previously PASS) ld tests FAIL:
>
> +FAIL: vers26b2
> +FAIL: vers26b3
> +FAIL: vers27d3
> +FAIL: vers27d5
> +FAIL: weak hidden symbol DSO last
> +FAIL: NOCROSSREFS 1

Can you provide more info on that? vers26b2.so doesn't even have a
.eh_frame section on Linux/i386. But I do see

FAIL: alpha elf-reloc-8

in build-alpha-linux/gas/testsuite/gas.log.

> This also breaks building of the kernel and other software.

Can you verify if you back out just

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-10/msg00130.html

everything works fine on Linux/alpha?

H.J.