Still cant get anything to show up in the Thread Local Storage Directory

kernel@infidigm.net kernel@infidigm.net
Wed Oct 15 05:48:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 11:46:29AM +1000, jonwil@tpg.com.au wrote:
> I added my code to _bfd_XXi_final_link_postscript() (which is where someone else
> told me to add it)
> but its not actually appearing in the output file.
> Aparently, its because _bfd_XXi_swap_aouthdr_out() zeros out the directory.
> So, the question is, how should I get the stuff to be saved between the call to
> _bfd_XXi_final_link_postscript() and the actual output to the exe file.

I am having a similar problem getting entries to show up in the iat(12) data
directory.

I think _bfd_XXi_final_link_postscript() might be broken. In all my
tests .idata$2 is never making it into the coff_hash_table (for what ever reason...)
and thus _bfd_XXi_final_link_postscript() doesn't do much at all...

It seems the only reason that datadirectory 1 is getting set is because
of this:
    /* Until other .idata fixes are made (pending patch), the entry for
    .idata is needed for backwards compatability.  FIXME.  */
    add_data_entry (abfd, extra, 1, ".idata", ib);

-Jeff