[patch] armbe-linux target defaults to big-endian

David Vrabel dvrabel@arcom.com
Tue Oct 14 11:16:00 GMT 2003


>>The attached patches (for binutils 2.14 and GCC 3.3.1) add/fix the 
>>armbe-linux target so that big-endian code is generated by default.
>>
>>It works for what I want but I suspect it's not done properly.
> 
> :(
> 
> Nope, there's some cleaning up required.

To be honest I don't really have the time at the moment to produce a 
nice patch.  Just thought it might save someone else some time if I 
posted what I had.

> Do you have a copyright assignment on file?

Nope.  Didn't realize one was needed for such small changes.

>>     case ${cpu} in
>>       alpha*)		cpu_type=alpha ;;
>>+      arm*be|xscale*be|strongarm*be) cpu_type=arm endian=big ;;
>>       arm*b|xscale*b|strongarm*b) cpu_type=arm endian=big ;;
> 
> 
> You should clearly be using a configuration of armb-<xxx>, then the code 
> is substantially there (see the line after your patch).

Whilst binutils recognized armb-linux. GCC didn't.  I had to pick one... 
  (plus some of the other archs have *be and *le and it seemed consistent).

David Vrabel
-- 
David Vrabel, Design Engineer

Arcom                         Tel: +44 (0)1223 411200 ext. 3233
Clifton Road                  Fax: +44 (0)1223 403400
Cambridge CB1 7EA             E-mail: dvrabel@arcom.com
UK                            Web: http://www.arcom.com/


_____________________________________________________________________
The message in this transmission is sent in confidence for the attention of the addressee only and should not be disclosed to any other party. Unauthorised recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality. Please advise the sender if the addressee is not resident at the receiving end.

This message has been checked for all viruses by MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.



More information about the Binutils mailing list