AW: [PATCH] gcc3/ld patch for direct-linking-to-dll and auto-importsupport
Ralf Habacker
Ralf.Habacker@freenet.de
Mon Oct 13 23:36:00 GMT 2003
Danny,
> > can this patch be applied to cvs ? If so would you apply this patch to
> > binutils ?
> >
> > I'm asking because I have got an error report exactly for this
> combination
> > and cygwin has updated to gcc 3.3.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ralf
> Hi,
>
> This patch allows correct identification of symbols in .rdata and
> .rdata$* section as data symbols when direct importing (without import
> lib) from a dll.
>
> GCC trunk now puts initialized constants into .rdata rather than text.
> When 3_3-branch reopens, I will submit backport patch to GCC. In the
> interim, -fdata-sections will force initialized constants into named
> .rdata$* sections.
>
Thanks for your effort. I will update my local binutils source and upload a
patched ld on http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/snapshots until a new binutils
release for cygwin is available.
BTW: For the gcc 3.2 users, who could not upgrade to gcc 3.3 yet I have
uploaded a patched ld with my initial patches. See
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/snapshots/ld-gcc3.2-const-var-patch.tar.bz
2
Cheers
Ralf
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: ld-gcc3.2-const-var-..>.url
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 141 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20031013/48dbf4a6/attachment.obj>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list