"struct bfd_symbol"? Was: "struct sec" -> "struct bfd_section"?

Andrew Cagney ac131313@redhat.com
Sat Oct 11 16:25:00 GMT 2003


"I feel lucky".  What about also having "struct bfd_symbol"?

> On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 09:25:55AM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> 
>> Hello,
>> 
>> What would be the reaction to having "typedef asection"s underlying 
>> struct renamed to "struct bfd_section"?  The objective here is to make 
>> an official namespace-proof opaque declaration available to clients.  I 
>> asked about "struct sec" and got all sorts of pushback.
> 
> 
> Seems reasonable.
> 
> 
>> A rollout would be as follows:
>> - #define bfd_section sec
> 
> 
> Won't work.  include/elf/internal.h:  asection *   bfd_section;

Doh!

>> - go through the code base and s/struct sec/struct bfd_section/
>> - update the definition
> 
> 
> Hit the lot in one go.  I count less than 30 files in /src that use
> struct sec directly.

I'll first try to think of an alternative two-step strategy ...

Andrew




More information about the Binutils mailing list