binutils,I will pay your way into Infinite Abundance! - SPAM
Christopher Faylor
cgf@redhat.com
Fri Oct 3 05:43:00 GMT 2003
On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 03:07:14PM +1000, Russell Shaw wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 09:31:11AM +1000, Ben Elliston wrote:
>>
>>>Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> writes:
>>>
>>>>That would be nice, but I believe that it is FSF policy to have
>>>>open, unmoderated lists. On the grounds that it is better to accept
>>>>all messages than to block some, and possibly block a genuine,
>>>>worthwhile message.
>>>
>>>Instead, the situtation is that you are just as likely to miss a
>>>genuine worthwhile message amongst the mountain of spam.
>>
>>FWIW, I look at most of the blocked spam and, if I notice a message that
>>hasn't made it through, I usually forward it on to the correct list.
>>
>>This isn't a perfect solution, of course, since I'm human, but I don't
>>think we're losing too much valid email to the spam filtering.
>
>How does one get a list archive cleaned up? This looks very
>unprofessional and unmaintained:
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/bug-binutils/2003-q4/
We don't edit the archives. Also, bug-binutils is not a
sources.redhat.com list. It comes from gnu.org. It's archived here as
a courtesy. But, actually, I think I will look into removing this
archive. I don't see how it is serving a useful purpose.
cgf
More information about the Binutils
mailing list