[BUG] Regression in 2.14.90 (relative to 2.13.90)

H. J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Tue Nov 25 17:29:00 GMT 2003


On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 03:12:26PM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Carlo, Hi HJ,
> 
> > I am convinced the bug is still there.  When I *only* replace
> > 'ld', then I can flip the existence of the bug on or off.
> 
> > As you see, the bug appears by JUST and ONLY using the 'ld' from
> > todays CVS. 

Do we have a complete testcase for this "regression", which shows gdb
gets confused?

> 
> Yup - and I believe that I have now found it.  It appears to be a
> result of this patch from HJ:
> 
>   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-06/msg00550.html
>   
> I am attaching a patch below which appears to fix the problem.
> 
> HJ - do you think that my patch is correct ?  I could not tell from
> the email dialogue the derivation of the heuristic to determine if a
> debug section should be kept, but I think that my addition to it is
> reasonable.
> 

Have you tried it on my testcase:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-06/msg00473.html



H.J.



More information about the Binutils mailing list