I need help getting QNX MIPS support working

Jeff Baker jbaker@qnx.com
Tue Nov 18 17:25:00 GMT 2003

> > I'm at the point now where I'm fairly certain everything works but
> > dynamic linking.
>
> You might want to submit the code in this state then, in the hopes
> that this will then enable other developers to build the mips-qnx port
> and maybe even help find the dynamic linking problem.

The patch at the end of my mail is the latest state of the code.

> > The problem that I'm having is that no information is being added to
> > the .got section.
>
> > I know the problem revolves around this code somehow but I'm
> > basically taking shots in the dark to figure out how.
>
> This looks like MIPS magic to me, so I am not going to be of much help
> to you. :-(
>

> > + #define USE_REL 1               /* MIPS uses REL relocations instead
> of RELA */
>
> I am a little bit worried about this.  Does this apply to *all* MIPS
> ELF ports or just the QNX one ?

There are two things I need help with.  The first is getting it to work,
obviously, and the second is getting it into an acceptable state.  It's
likely that that does change the behaviour for all ports.  When our MIPS
support was added originally no consideration was given to anything but QNX.
I don't think having the support rolled back into the GNU tree was
considered at the time.