[patch] Automake install-info problem in gas/

Maciej W. Rozycki macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl
Mon Nov 17 15:52:00 GMT 2003


On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> > automake maintainers.  A fix for the 1.7 branch is included below.  Your
> > workaround seems to work, but it's ugly and leads to a failure of
> > automake:
> > 
> > Makefile.am:463: RECURSIVE_TARGETS must be set with `=' before using `+='
> > 
> > with the exit status being set to 1.
> 
> What version of automake shows this error?  I regenerated the
> Makefile.in using 1.7.8 without a problem.

 I've used 1.7.9.  I've just checked 1.7.8 and it reports the same error.  
Makefile.in is regenerated in both cases regardless.

> >  I propose to revert your patch once automake is fixed and require the
> > fixed version of automake for 2.15.  What do you think?
> 
> OK.  Please let me know when a fixed version of automake is available.

 OK.

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl, PGP key available        +



More information about the Binutils mailing list