problem building 2.14.90.0.4

H. J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Sat May 31 09:44:00 GMT 2003


On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 10:38:49PM -0400, Alejandro Mery Pellegrini wrote:
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -I. -I. -I./../include 
> -I./../intl -I../intl -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes 
> -g -O2 -c hash.c -o hash.o
> /bin/sh ./libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. 
> -D_GNU_SOURCE     -I. -I. -I./../include  -I./../intl -I../intl   -W 
> -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -g -O2 -c linker.c
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -I. -I. -I./../include 
> -I./../intl -I../intl -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes 
> -g -O2 -c linker.c -o linker.o
> /tmp/cc7zPpFD.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/cc7zPpFD.s:3287: Error: Unknown pseudo-op:  `.stafn'
> make[3]: *** [linker.lo] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/binutils-2.14.90.0.4/bfd'
> 
> GNU ld version 2.11.90.0.8 (with BFD 2.11.90.0.8)
> gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-98)
> 
> ideas?
> 

It looks like your compiler doesn't work with your assembler. Please
pass "-v" to gcc to show which compiler and assembler are used.


H.J.



More information about the Binutils mailing list