[RFA/patch] TI COFF0 and COFF1 support for eveyone

Svein E. Seldal Svein.Seldal@solidas.com
Fri May 30 02:25:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

The tic4x target is able to read, in addition to the standard coff2, the
coff0 and coff1 fileformats -- both little and big-endian versions. For
this to work you will need the coff swap tables for that specific coff
format and some small function. All of this is implemented in the tic4x
target already (and duplicated in tic54x).

Are there any interest in exporting/moving this code? Because, I can
surely export it to another, more global file, if there are interests in
having this support.

I guess this applies to the TI targets, but there may be other coff
targets that may benefit from this.

I see that the tic4x and the tic54x targets have duplicated code which
does exactly the same thing. So I would guess that this is reason enough
to move this code from the tagets and into the global trunk.

Attached is my contribution and suggestions. Any comments/objections?
Should I go ahead and check it in?

Regards,
Svein

bfd/ChangeLog:
2003-05-30  Svein E. Seldal  <Svein.Seldal@solidas.com>

	* coff-tic4x.c: Remove the ticoff0_bad_format_hook() the
	ticoff1_bad_format_hook() functions. Remove the ticoff0_swap_table
	and the ticoff1_swap_table.
	* coff-tic54x.c: Ditto
	* coffcode.h: Added the ticoff0_bad_format_hook(),
	ticoff1_bad_format_hook(), ticoff0_swap_table and
	ticoff1_swap_table.