[patch] coff macros to make life easier

Svein E. Seldal Svein.Seldal@solidas.com
Fri May 30 01:26:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have made this patch where I has added an extra argument on the
CREATE_BIG_COFF_TARGET_VEC and CREATE_LITTLE_COFF_TARGET_VEC.

I have also created the new CREATE_BIGHDR_COFF_TARGET_VEC for those
hosts generating big endian headers, while the rest of the file remains
little endian. (All big-endian TI tools (on Sparc) behaves like this).

Does anyone have any complaints about this patch? Can I commit it?

To the maintainers of coff-alpha.c, coff-i386.c, coff-i860.c,
coff-i960.c, coff-ia64.c, coff-mips.c, coff-or32.c, coff-ppc.c,
coff-rs6000.c, coff-sh.c, coff-tic30.c, coff-tic54x.c, coff64-rs600.c:

I just want to make you aware of the bfd_target macros
CREATE_xxxx_COFF_TARGET_VEC. They may be able to replace your bfd_target
struct definition, and save you for a lot of typing/maintenance. I did
for me.

(I dont dare doing this myself, as I'm not capable of testing/verifying
even half of the mentioned targets.)

Regards,
Svein

bfd/ChangeLog:
2003-05-30  Svein E. Seldal  <Svein.Seldal@solidas.com>

	* coffcode.h: Added extra arguments to CREATE_BIG_COFF_TARGET_VEC
	and CREATE_LITTLE_COFF_TARGET_VEC. Created the macro
	CREATE_BIGHDR_COFF_TARGET_VEC.
	* coff-tic4x.c: Fixed struct bugs in ticoff0_swap_table and
	ticoff1_swap_table. Adopted new CREATE_xxx_COFF_TARGET_VEC macros.
	* coff-a29k.c: Append COFF_SWAP_TABLE argument
	* coff-apollo.c: Ditto
	* coff-arm.c: Ditto
	* coff-h8300.c: Ditto
	* coff-h8500.c: Ditto