PATCH: provide pass-through value in bfd_elf_bfd_from_remote_memory

Andrew Cagney ac131313@redhat.com
Wed May 21 23:46:00 GMT 2003

>> Yes, but while you're there can the can you please also expunge that
>> ehdr_vma parameter so that this uses a normal read() function that takes
>> an offset.
>

> The function in question reads from inferior virtual memory addresses, not
> positions in any file.  EHDR_VMA is needed not only to locate the ELF
> header for reading, but to do other address calculations in making sense of
> the data.

Where?  I've read the comments to no avail :-(

Is this function trying to read an elf object file mmaped into memory,
or reverse engineer a bunch of loaded memory sections, described by a
raw elf header that hapens to reside somewhere in memory?

Andrew