Binutils + OpenSSL issue

Kumba kumba@gentoo.org
Mon May 19 20:36:00 GMT 2003

Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> It was Alexandre Oliva's patch to introduce multi-GOT which triggers
> the problem, specifically elfxx-mips.c, CVS version 1.38 -> 1.39.
>

> Thiemo

	Hrmm, quite a large patch.  I've tried "unpatching" it to test, but I
admit I am no expert at patching/unpatching (yet) and still wind up with
a minimum of two failures.  It seems other patches added afterwards rely
on elements this specific patch added in.

	Aside from testing any fixes someone can come up with, I doubt I can
offer much else regarding this glitch/bug.

--Kumba