forwarded message from H. J. Lu

John David Anglin dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca
Mon May 19 20:04:00 GMT 2003


> > > > ./xgcc -B./ -B/usr/hppa-linux/bin/ -isystem /usr/hppa-linux/include -isystem /usr/hppa-linux/sys-include -O2  -DIN_GCC    -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -isystem ./include  -fPIC -DELF=1 -DLINUX=1 -g -DHAVE_GTHR_DEFAULT -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED  -I. -I. -I../../src/gcc -I../../src/gcc/. -I../../src/gcc/config -I../../src/gcc/../include -DL_mulI -xassembler-with-cpp -c ../../src/gcc/config/pa/milli64.S -o libgcc/./_mulI.o
> > > > ../../src/gcc/config/pa/milli64.S: Assembler messages:
> > > > ../../src/gcc/config/pa/milli64.S:1779: Error: Undefined .EXPORT/.IMPORT argument (ignored): 
> > > > ../../src/gcc/config/pa/milli64.S:1779: Error: Undefined .EXPORT/.IMPORT argument (ignored): millicode
> > > > make[5]: *** [libgcc/./_mulI.o] Error 1
> > > 
> > > Please provide a small assembly testcase. It shouldn't be too hard
> > > to reproduce.
> > 
> > attached, although it's only the preprocessed milli64 source.
> > 
> 
> Could PA maintainer please verify this patch?

Sorry, please do not install the patch.  The bug is in milli64.S.
Operands, including those in directives, are supposed to be separated
by commas.  No whitespace is allowed.

It seems an improvement to binutils has exposed the typo in milli64.S,
although I must say the error message is misleading.

Dave
-- 
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)



More information about the Binutils mailing list