RFC objdump new feature to generate debug info using ctags style

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Wed May 14 07:05:00 GMT 2003


Hi Salvador,

>>  * Please try to follow the GNU coding standard.  (In the patch there
>>    are several comments that ought to be reformatted to include a
>>    terminating period followed by two spaces.  Also there are places
>>    where there is no space between a function name and its opening
>>    parenthesis).
>>
> Can I use some automatic tool like indent? In this case: where can I
> find the indent parameters? I know indent have a "GNU" mode, is that
> ok?

You can use tools like this, but they will not catch all of the
formatting requirements.  So it is still a good idea to visually check
over the code yourself.  In particular a patch should blend in to the
code surrounding it and not stand out as being formatted in a
different manner.

Cheers
        Nick
        



More information about the Binutils mailing list