[RFA:] Fix bug with #APP/#NO_APP when using macros.

Zack Weinberg zack@codesourcery.com
Fri May 9 04:01:00 GMT 2003


Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com> writes:

> It's true that #NO_APP needs to be printed in ASM_FILE_START, but it's
> not true that the CRIS target is the only target which does it.
> m68k.h does it also.  I actually thought that the m68k was the only
> target which used #NO_APP, but I see that you used it for the CRIS.
>
> I take your point, though, which is that though targets other than
> CRIS and m68k emit #APP/#NO_APP around assembler statements, it is
> ineffective and pointless.

And since no one has noticed this up to now, does that mean that there
is no real performance benefit to be had from #NO_APP, and we can blow
away all the code that emits it from gcc?  Or should gcc be changed to
emit #NO_APP at file start?

zw



More information about the Binutils mailing list