prelink breaks 6 ld tests on ppclinux
H. J. Lu
hjl@lucon.org
Fri May 9 01:31:00 GMT 2003
On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 09:27:01PM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
> I have tracked down the origin of the 6 unexpected
> ld testsuite failures I was seeing on my debian ppc sid
> box. It turns out that these tests fail if my box is
> prelinked and don't if I unprelink. The tests in question
> are...
>
> FAIL: ELF weak func first DSO
> FAIL: ELF weak func last DSO
> FAIL: ELF weak data first DSO
> FAIL: ELF weak data last DSO
> FAIL: ELF weak data first DSO common
> FAIL: ELF weak data last DSO common
>
> I can reproduce this behavior (passes on unprelinked and
> unexpected failures on prelinked) on both debian ppc sid
> and YDL ppclinux (RedHat 8.0-based).
It sounds a prelink bug to me. Jakub, how does prelink treat weak
symbol?
H.J.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list