Generating Windows DLL
Garfield Lewis
galewis@ca.ibm.com
Thu May 8 16:13:00 GMT 2003
Hi,
I am trying to create a Windows dll and it has gone very well. However, I
am unable to create a DLL that does not have the relocations stripped away.
I've tried the --emit-relocs option but this does not seem to work. I am
running the following version of ld:
GNU ld version 2.13.90 20030308
According to the documentaiton I can find this should support the
--emit-relocs option so I am not sure why the relocations are being
stripped:
Microsoft (R) COFF Binary File Dumper Version 6.00.8447
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1992-1998. All rights reserved.
Dump of file P5500278.dll
PE signature found
File Type: DLL
FILE HEADER VALUES
14C machine (i386)
8 number of sections
3EBA80B2 time date stamp Thu May 08 12:07:14 2003
7E00 file pointer to symbol table
1E5 number of symbols
E0 size of optional header
2007 characteristics
Relocations stripped <<< this is always the case
Executable
Line numbers stripped
DLL
Thx,
Garfield A. Lewis
<mailto:galewis@ca.ibm.com>
DB2 UDB Development (905) 413-3438 T/L: 969-3438
Intranet
<http://w3.torolab.ibm.com/~garfield/garfield.html>
External E-mail
<mailto:galewis@rogers.com>
IBM SWS Toronto Laboratory
More information about the Binutils
mailing list