check mips abi x linker emulation compatibility

Thiemo Seufer ica2_ts@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed May 7 16:17:00 GMT 2003


Alexandre Oliva wrote:
[snip]
> > How about mirroring the ABI selection logic that you added to
> > the configure scripts?  Then use that to decide which combinations
> > should be tested.
> 
> This sounds reasonable, but another alternative that just occurred to
> me is to introduce support for -mabi=NO_ABI, that would reset the ABI
> to the generic default, such that other forms of ABI inference would
> work.  I can't say I like this approach (maybe with a better spelling
> for NO_ABI?), but it would enable us to test the ABI-inference even on
> targets that do have a default ABI.  Comments?

I'd like much more to abandon the NO_ABI case. :-)
Well, if we need it, it's better to have some means to select it
explicitly, probably with -mabi=none. Then it is possible for the
user to work with a differently configured toolchain, which might
be useful sometimes.


Thiemo



More information about the Binutils mailing list