Error
Ian Lance Taylor
ian@airs.com
Tue May 6 23:18:00 GMT 2003
"Robert McNulty Junior" <bmj2001@bellsouth.net> writes:
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../bin/binutils -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -I. -I../../b
> in/b
> inutils -I../bfd -I../../bin/binutils/../bfd -I../../bin/binutils/../include
> -I.
> ./../bin/binutils/../intl -I../intl -DLOCALEDIR="\"/usr/local/share/locale\"
> " -D
> bin_dummy_emulation=bin_vanilla_emulation -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wm
> issi
> ng-prototypes -g -O2 -c ../../bin/binutils/strings.c
> In file included from ../../bin/binutils/strings.c:65:
> ../../bin/include/getopt.h:116: warning: function declaration isn't a
> prototype
> ../../bin/binutils/strings.c:101: parse error before "file_off"
> ../../bin/binutils/strings.c:101: warning: type defaults to `int' in
> declaration
> of `file_off'
You neglected to mention which system you were building on, precisely
how you ran configure, and which version of the sources you are
building.
Despite the lack of information, I would guess that the problem is
that HAVE_FOPEN64 is defined, but off64_t is not. Perhaps the test
for fopen64 should also test for off64_t. But perhaps the issue is
more subtle.
Ian
More information about the Binutils
mailing list