Results for binutils 2.14.90 20030505 testsuite on i686-pc-linux-gnu

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Tue May 6 09:53:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 08:19:43AM +0200, Christian Joensson wrote:
> So, the two SREC tests should XFAIL so to speak when --fPIC/fpic is
> used?

Yes.  Mostly, anyway.  Some target's compilers might ignore -fpic/-fPIC
so whether they pass or not would be unaffected by -fpic.

> If so, how would one write that for dejagnu? Check if -fPIC/-fpic is
> used and if so, mark the tests as XFAIL, I mean.

I'm not sure it's worth doing, but something like

global CFLAGS
if { [string match -nocase "*fpic*" $CFLAGS] } then {
    setup_xfail "*-*-*"
}

--
Alan Modra