ppc32 linker bug
Andreas Jaeger
aj@suse.de
Thu May 1 14:45:00 GMT 2003
Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au> writes:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 11:14:14PM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
>> Fixed by tweaking copy_indirect_symbol. I'm taking the opportunity
>> to flush a few other minor changes.
>>
>> * elf32-ppc.c: Formatting and comment fixes.
>> (ELIMINATE_COPY_RELOCS): Move before ppc_elf_copy_indirect_symbol.
>> (ppc_elf_copy_indirect_symbol): Copy flags here for weakdefs.
>
> The last ELIMINATE_COPY_RELOCS change for ppc wasn't quite right, as I
> missed checking for copy_indirect_symbol being called from
> elf_adjust_dynamic_symbol. Just putting the intention in a comment
> doesn't work very well. :) I've also enabled the same code for x86
> and ppc64. ppc64 in fact wasn't ever generating copy relocs, which
> didn't matter very much as gcc code could always use a dynamic reloc
> instead. However, they might be needed in assembly code.
Is this something that should be done for all archs? Can I enable it
for x86-64? Is there a testcase I should look at?
Thanks,
Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger
SuSE Labs aj@suse.de
private aj@arthur.inka.de
http://www.suse.de/~aj
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20030501/81477245/attachment.sig>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list