[RFC] windres' -I option

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 17:59:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 05:46:58PM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
>Hi Dimitrie,

>> > Sorry but yes. :-(
>>
>> Is it OK if I just place the changes in the public domain? Or assign the
>> copyright to you, so you can contribute them under your name?
>
>Well an FSF copyright assignment would be the best thing.
>
>If you really do not want to do that, then you can contact the FSF
>copyright people (assign@gnu.org) and ask them for alternatives.  (I
>am sorry, but I am not a copyright lawyer, so I do not know if just
>putting the code in the public domain is enough).

I've talked to lawyers about this.  In theory it should be ok but it
still leaves the ownership in question so that someone could come along
later and say "What?  You had no right to put that in the public
domain!" Signing all of the legal documents means that there is more
protection against this type of thing.

cgf