binutils upgradation

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Mar 17 09:05:00 GMT 2003

Hi Dheeru,

>            I am using a port of the standard GCC suite on a custom
> RISC based processor. I'm looking for information on "How to upgrade
> the binutils which is the component of our GNU C cross-compiler
> suite  to the latest stable version 2.9.10".

  a).  There is no such document.

  b).  The latest stable version is 2.13.2

  c).  In general later binutils releases are backwards compatible
       with earlier binutils releases, so that they can be used as
       drop-in replacements.  Hence you should be able to download the
       sources, configure, compile and install them, update your PATH
       to point to the new installation, and everything should work.